Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wednesday morning thoughts from Africa

I have not had access to a wireless link recently, so I have been unable to upload pictures. We are at the end of the trip and may not e able to upload pictures until we get to Atlanta. This may be my last blog post until we are home. Since there are no pictures, I'll try to add links.

Nancy and I have driven east from Cape Town. Driving on the left side of the road is not as hard as driving on two-lane roads with wide shoulders, then pulling into the shoulder (at speed) to let faster cars pass on the hills and mountains. I was a little stressed yesterday; will try to relax today.

We spent the night at a Game Lodge near Albertinia. Yesterday we went to Still Bay on the Indian Ocean to dip our toes in its water. This has been a trip of 'bucket list' sights and experiences: Africa, Indian Ocean, Cape Point, seeing penguins and many wild animals up close. Penguins are cute little oafs; we saw them at Cape Point and Robben Island.

Today we will drive back towards Cape Town and eventually the airport tomorrow for our long flights home to Pensacola. We get home Friday morning. The flight over was not too bad.

It has been a treat to come to know our partner churches and their leaders during this trip. I think it will help Northminster be a better partner with them.

No comments: