Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Reality Check

It was a wonderful two weeks of vacation. I saw the following in my inbox this morning that brought me back to reality, it was sent from Craig Fugate, Director, Florida Division of Emergency Management to his staff and Emergency Coordinating Officers for Florida. It provides a timely reminder that we are entering the most active period of the hurricane season. Please read Craig's email below:

In 1992 on August 1st, there had been no named storms, we had a new Governor, and the State Budget was a mess with Special Sessions required to set a budget.

HURRICANE ANDREW

In 2004 on August 1st, there had been one named storm.

HURRICANES CHARLIE - FRANCES - IVAN - JEAN


We are now entering the most active period of the Hurricane Season - August - September - October

Are you Ready?

Checklist

Family Disaster Plan - Completed
Emergency Job Assignments - Trained - ready to deploy or serve in the State EOC
Emergency Station - Checklist in Place, all equipment and systems operational


We are either ready or not, storms don't care - get your game face on, because its HURRICANE SEASON!

********end of email**********

In the coming days I will post a few thoughts about Northminster's disaster plan and links to state, federal, and Presbyterian disaster sites. I'll also retest my mobile blogging capabilities so you may check this site for Northminster news and I may blog from my PDA.

No comments: