Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tourists and Water Purification


This blog is written in reverse chronological order. This is the 2nd post. The picture above is a typical street scene. I found the pic on yahoo. I hope i´m not breaking copyright law or blogger manners by linking to someone else´s pictures.

The trip continues to be good. The weather is pleasant. I am sure no one will believe me, but the weather is cooler than pensacola and mobile. There is a nice breeze.

The teens, Betty and I took a bus tour of the city this morning, saw the Govornor´s palace museum, the Cathedral, and main plaza. All of those are together. We ate a good lunch of authentic food. The girls have bought a few pieces of jewelry or dresses. Anne Louise has a black and white one she will use as a cover-up to go to the beach. Otherwise it is probably too short. All the kids are doing well and contributing to the trip.

Most of the adults are in a town south of here repairing a water system. I think I gave a link for the Living Waters project yesterday.

Last night we ate at the hotel and enjoyed lime soup, a speciality of the Yucatan. It is chicken soup with lime juice and other local spices.

Tomorrow and Saturday we will work on the roof of the Disciples of Jesus Church in Uman. I hope to be able to upload some pictures Saturday or Monday.

No comments: