Monday, June 23, 2008

from our General Assembly

I'm having a wonderful trip out west, visiting family, going to a Rotary International convention, and the Presbyterian General Assembly. I'll try to repost the long note i put on the church's prayer chain.

It is a great experience to be with 3,000 Presbyterians from around the world. I talked to a number of people who have challenged my thinking and made me wonder about several things. I talked to people for and against the inclusion of gays and lesbians. I talked to people strongly opposed to Israel's occupation of the West Bank. It was in several conversations today with people thinking about Israel and the Palestinians that really made me think. Since my trip to Israel in 2006, even before, I have been interested in the Middle East.

More later...

No comments: